Chromanotes Desk Bells and Songbook Giveaway
Co-Sponsored by Preschool Prodigies
I am so excited about this giveaway because of the opportunity to collaborate with a colleague of mine in the music business, Mr. Rob from Preschool Prodigies. Mr. Rob is a professional percussionist who has created an entire year's curriculum for preschoolers based around the Chromanote desk bells. Today's giveaway features Preschool Prodigies' brand new songbook AND a set of Chromanote desk bells, together valued at over $70!
The Chromanotes Desk Bells Advantage
When I first envisioned doing a hand-bell giveaway, I envisioned something like the bells on the left, which are quite common. They are fun to play and run at about $33 on Amazon.
However, as our collaborative giveaway drew closer, I noticed that Mr. Rob's handbells were different. Instead of long handles, they are more like the attention-grabbing desk bells you might ring at a store to get a clerk's attention. They have a button on top. At first I wondered if the first bells would be just as good, but the more I thought about it, the more I knew Mr. Rob was on to something.
First of all, the desk bells are much easier for one child to play. The handled bells are often played by an ensemble for good reason- it's hard to be picking up and putting down bells while you are playing a song! Add to that the confusion of putting the bell back down in the same place every time, and the desk bell's ability to remain stationary make them a clear winner. They are also an all-around higher quality instrument. Learn why Mr. Rob also thinks that the chromanote desk bells are the #1 musical instrument for young children.
Preschool Prodigies has a new Songbook!
Now that we've found a great instrument for budding musicians, how about some music for them to play? "My First Songbook" is a great place to start, and here's a few reasons that stood out to me:
- There is large font. As an early-learning mom, one of the first things I learned about teaching tiny children to read is the importance of finding text that isn't too tiny. So many children's books were designed for an adult to read to children. In a full-spread picture book there will be small print in a top or bottom corner. Children's eyes will not be drawn to the text in this case. However, if the font is large and the adult points to the words as the book is read, young children will naturally be taught how to read during story time. While this takes engagement from the adult, the other big take-away is that larger font is very important for younger children. This book nails it.
- There is pre-reading contained on a staff. This is similar to the techniques I learned for teaching staff reading to children in the Kodaly method. The songs in this book are not on a five-line staff, but only use as many lines as the song requires. This allows for larger notes as well as better demonstrating how the notes interact with the staff. It's easier to see what is happening. I like how the book shows a portion of the treble clef, so this aspect of music reading hasn't been left out.
- By using the Chromanotes colors, the songbook is also compatible with Boomwhackers! These colors are also very similar to the rainbow+pink colors used on our website and Little Musician, making all of these products quite compatible with each other.
Enter the giveaway below, then scroll down to learn more. The entry option second down is Preschool Prodigies' mailing list. This giveaway ends Friday at NOON (not midnight), 3/25 MST.
These particular bells can be tricky to find.
Check them out over at Preschool Prodigies!
(Special Pricing through March 24th)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The 'Desk Bell Set and "My First Songbook"' ("Sweepstakes") begins on 03/18/2016 at 12:00 AM (Mountain Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 03/25/2016 at 12:00 PM (Mountain Time (US & Canada)) (the "Promotion Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Tamsyn Spackman ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of USA who are 18 or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by 48 hours by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- 1 (#) winner(s) will receive [(1) Desk Bell Set and Songbook] (approximate retail value or "ARV": $70)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within USA. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at https://www.teaching-children-music.com/2016/03/chromanotes-desk-bells-songbook-giveaway/.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Tamsyn Spackman cc: Desk Bell Set and "My First Songbook" at 472 W 250 S. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Tamsyn Spackman, 472 W 250 S, Vernal, UT 84078; email@example.com
11. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.