Hello, my name is Tamsyn and I love music.
We are a tiny company consisting of two entrepreneurs, with five children serving as the primary guinea pigs for our new creations. We have been a nomadic family and dream of getting back on the road again.
Tamsyn first created Teaching Children Music six years ago as a hobby. In time the project has morphed and grown into much more. Teaching qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Music, Vocal Performance emphasis, Utah State University, 2007
- Orff Teaching Certificate Level 1, 2005
- Private Piano Teacher, 18 years experience
- Private violin teacher, 3 years experience
- Cache Children's Choir student assistant, 2005-2006
- Homeschool choir and musical director, various years
- Homeschooling mother of six
- Author of the materials on this website
- Independent study of the Kodaly, Suzuki, Orff, and other music education methods.
- Musician in my religious congregation, serving in various capacities such as choir director, accompanist, church organist, music coordinator, children's music, etc.
Michael graduated college with a bachelors in computer science and has been developing both desktop and web software full time. He loves all things technical and has always wanted to do an online business. Supporting Tamsyn on the back end with the technical expertise, he has made the website a reality. Michael also does a lot of the filming, photo and film editing, and finishing touches on the products.