Jingle Bells and Egg Shaker Package Giveaway
Make your own egg shakers too!
-Just in time for Easter!
Singing and storytime circles are even more fun when each child is handed an instrument to play. While there are many instruments that are great for music circles, these 20 percussion instruments all in one package looked like a great value, especially if you are just getting started. Even if you already have a collection of instruments- there's always room for more!
Jingle Bells Rock!
And not just at Christmas time, although they are even more special during the holidays. Singing "Jingle Bells" with real jingle bells is a favorite activity for many children.
My favorite part of about these particular Jingle Bells is that they can be worn. Strap them on the child's wrist or ankles and they have all the invitation they need to get up and move.
I have a backpack full of different hand-held percussion instruments. In a classroom setting our three jingle bells are always some among the first to be picked, along with the triangle. They are very popular!
Egg Shaker Fun
Egg shakers are so much fun! Because they are relatively inexpensive, especially if you make your own, every child in a storytime circle or preschool setting can have their own to play with. When I bring my collection of instruments, the kids often fight over particular instruments, so having a variety of the same kind can help eliminate the jealousies tiny children are prone to have.
There are many egg-shaking songs available on the internet that are relatively easy to learn. As I looked online for a few to share with you, JBrary's pinterest page had the best examples that were easy to digest. I shared one of their videos on the right. I love that while their primary focus is on storytime circles in a library setting, they have incorporated so much music into their special hour. Isn't that awesome?!
While egg shakers have applicable use even in professional music, homemade egg shakers are best for very young children. They don't have a rich enough sound to carry through in a band or choral setting.
True story- I asked my kids if they would sit in a circle so we could take a picture of them having fun with the Easter eggs. My oldest (8), who thought they were the bee's knees at 3, absolutely did not want to participate this time. He told me he was not going to lie to the internet world about how fun the eggs were to play with by putting on a happy face when he really thinks that they're baby stuff. Um, okay. I appreciate your integrity, bud. My 6 and 5-year-olds were indifferent. My 3 and almost 2 year-olds were thrilled to play along. I share to give you an idea of which age-group will appreciate egg-play the most.
Make your own Easter Egg Shakers
It's hard to believe that it's been five years since I made our last post on making Easter Egg shakers. They were so much fun, but they didn't make it past Easter. Since that time I have seen another musician make them by taping them shut with colorful duct tape. Now THAT is the way to do it! The eggs we made the first time were durable enough, but the temptation to try and open them was too much.
This activity is easier to do before Easter time because the stores are well-stocked with plastic eggs. However, you can buy Easter eggs year-round online so don't let the season stop you if this is something you want to do.
We made ours with rice, although a variety of materials can be used. Once they were taped down the middle, my kids started shaking them and to our surprise, the rice started coming out of the tiny air holes on either side. Because of this, we taped them again on the vertical line. They still ended up being very pretty! If you use eggs that need the vertical tape, I recommend lining up the holes in the top and bottom BEFORE you tape them down the middle. I didn't, and it was kind of tricky to tape them so that all the holes were covered. I had to make a tiny patch on two of them because I didn't know I would face that problem.
The thing I really love about homemade egg shakers is that there is no candy in them and the kids still love them. Kids get enough candy these days, and some kids are allergic to many of the ingredients found in candy. You can make a bunch of these to contribute to an Easter egg hunt. They are easy to make, and the kids love to help.
Learn more about the instruments the winner will receive on Amazon
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The 'Percussion Instrument Set' ("Sweepstakes") begins on 03/11/2016 at 12:00 AM (Mountain Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 03/18/2016 at 11:59 PM (Mountain Time (US & Canada)) (the "Promotion Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Teaching Children Music ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of USA who are 18 or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by 48 hours by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- 1 (#) winner(s) will receive [(20) Percussion Instrument Set] (approximate retail value or "ARV": $$27)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within USA. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at https://www.teaching-children-music.com/2016/03/20-percussion-instrument-giveaway/.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Teaching Children Music cc: Percussion Instrument Set at 472 W. 250 S.. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Teaching Children Music, 472 W. 250 S., email@example.com
11. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.