- This topic is empty.
February 4, 2021 at 6:34 pm #7652TamsynStaff
Last updated: February 4th, 2021
This forum aims to encourage vibrant discussion amongst parents and educators interested in music education, especially for children. The forum is intended to be a fun and safe platform to interact with others across the globe – of all backgrounds and beliefs.
Remember that you are responsible for how you express yourself. We ask that everybody keeps the conversation constructive and civilized.
Our forum staff currently monitors all posts and reserves the right to remove any comment that is in breach any of our Forum Rules expressed below, as well as determine appropriate disciplinary action if necessary. The staff has the final decision on all matters. Rules can be added, removed or changed at any time, and a notification will be given when such changes occur in the News and Updates. This is a private forum, operated and owned by Teaching Children Music.
We encourage respectful dialogue and ask you to abide by the following rules:
1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated!
2. The forum language is English only. We do not officially support any other languages on this forum and apologize for any inconvenience.
3. Read the categories and announcements through before posting anything. Any duplicate threads may be merged or deleted at our discretion. Organized posts help the right people find your comments. Please keep things relevant.
4. Spamming is strictly forbidden. Advertisements, offers, and promotions for music products for children have a dedicated forum (“Music Products outside TCM”), and are not allowed in any other forums. Any advertisements for unrelated products is not allowed. Do not spread misguided information about anyone’s products/materials. The definition of spam here is an irrelevant or ill-placed advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
5. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
6. Please refrain from posting images larger than 800×600. This is considerate to members with slow internet speeds, and keeps the forum looking tidy.
7. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff or members will be not tolerated. Any kind of harassment, or offensive language towards others is not tolerated. No hate speech! Anyone that insults people based on their race, gender, sex, sexual preference, religion, culture, or country of origin, or threatens them explicitly or implicitly is not allowed in these forums.
8. No discussion of politics. There are other places for that. Religious and/or political discussions and other hot topics are often divisive and can encourage trolling and we generally discourage them. However, we recognize that music education for children is often an important part of religious training, and we welcome religious leaders who teach children music from all cultures and backgrounds. Music history is interwoven between religious and secular music and is impossible to avoid when pursuing a balanced musical education. In this context, religious discussion is allowed. No proselyting.
9. Respect privacy. Posting your own or any other person’s personal information is absolutely prohibited.
10. Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not allowed. Family friendly please!
10. Do not post any sexually explicit, racist, abusive or disrespectful material.
11. No illegal activity, including sharing pirated materials. This is strictly prohibited, and if appropriate, may be reported to authorities.
12. By participating in the forum, you are acknowledging your acceptance of our terms and conditions.
I hope these rules are clear, and easy to follow. These rules are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all. If you have any questions regarding the rules feel free to PM any member of site staff, and we’ll do our best to clear things up for you.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Tamsyn.
- The topic ‘Forum Rules’ is closed to new replies.